Sunday, August 19, 2012

My First Attempt At Nail Polish Rings

     Hello! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday with the family! I spent my Saturday (yesterday) with the hubby's family hoping to watch my Texans and just hanging out. I really didn't want to do much but I'm glad I did. I spent my whole day yesterday finishing drying the laundry. I had to go to the washateria because my washer died on me. I hate hate going to that place. Luckily it wasn't as hot as I was expecting it to be!

     Anyways, the hubby and kiddos went ahead and took off and left me to finish up. The hubby said he would pick me up when I was done as my brother in law only lives a couple of blocks down (same street lol) I spent some time with my sis in laws gossiping and making the food while the guy were outside drinking and watching the game. I didn't get to watch it but I'm glad my Texans beat the 49ers 20-9 (doing my happy dance!)


     Afterwards I got to spend some quality time with my nieces Jenny and Ruby, and my daughter Yessenia. A couple of days ago as I was browsing YouTube, I stumbled upon nail polish jewelry and I was so amazed! I was like whaaaaat? (Minion from Despicable Me) LOL. I HAD to try this asap! So I went to my local Dollar Tree and picked up a couple of bags of glass stones. I asked the girls if they wanted to help and of course they said yes if that meant playing with my nail polish. They are into nail polish as much as I am and have slowly been collecting them too. My daughter has a total of 42 minis and some regular ones. My niece Jenny only collects regular size. She wants to make sure she gets a bang for her buck! Lol.


     We had so much fun painting on the stones, even though we did get a headache from all the polish smell. I must say Kleancolor polishes smell horrible!! But they are worth it because the chunky holos are amazing!

   
     Here are the finished products from our creations. Well not really finished. I still have to go to Michael's to get the ring bases and glue. But that's for some other day!

The top two rows are the girls creations and the bottom one is mine.



This photo was taken outside.


     What do you gals think?? Have you tried making nail polish rings? I highly suggest it! You can put your nail polish to good use! Thanks for reading :) -Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment